Monday, August 31, 2015

   Technology is ever changing and an essential tool in life so, computers are a very important part of the educational experience.Teachers use computers as a way to teach, communicate, and prepare lessons. They also assign computer related work to gain their attention. Although computers in the classroom can be interesting and fun, a student an be easily distracted by other programs or things on the Internet.
   When I begin teaching, I plan on using all technology available as a way to keep my students alert and involved. I will use PowerPoint for lectures as well as for in class games. I will also use the Internet for students to post weekly online. Fundamentally, technology will be a vital tool in my classroom. I hope to continue learning new programs and ways to make my students learning experience one of a kind.
   I am indifferent to the term digital native, simply because one might not have the opportunity (proper funds) to be a digital native. A digital native is someone who has grown up using technology throughout their entire life. I have noticed that the majority of professors that I've had that were older never used innovative technology; in these classes I was quite bored. I believe it is important for a teacher to at least stay updated in order to keep students engaged. I don't anticipate many major differences because I am a "digital native."

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Stephanie! I agree that technology is wonderful for keeping attention as long as it isn't a distraction in the classroom. I also understand your indifference about the term "digital natives," since many people cannot afford to use technology. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete