Monday, September 14, 2015

As a student, I have used Microsoft word quite often. I believe I started using it regularly in my senior year of high school. My teacher had us writing short stories every week that had to be typed. Now that I am in college, I use it for every single class. Something I thought was really cool is the fact that you can change the bullet points. I will definitely incorporate into power points to make them more creative.
I honestly have not had much of an experience with copyright and fair use of materials. I first learned about copyright infringement from YouTube. One of my videos was silenced because of the song I had playing in the background. As a teacher, to avoid any future problems, I will make sure to use free media outlets.
Thus far, I have learned how to actually use a twitter account. I feel that I can comfortably navigate to and use any open account that I have. At first, I was quite skeptical about twitter usage for class but it has actually made me read and learn more about educational technology. When I become a teacher, I will definitely incorporate twitter in the classroom. It is a great way to get all students essentially to "participate."

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Stephanie! Thanks for sharing your personal story about Youtube and copyright infringement. Also, I'm glad you liked the lesson about changing bullet points... you can definitely get creative!

    ReplyDelete