Monday, November 16, 2015

I think this was my favorite assignment thus far.  I really like how you can make games and how complex a power point could actually be. If I do become an educator I would definitely use this assignment as backup for creating a jeopardy or quiz like game for my future students. The only thing that would change is that I as the teacher would be making the power point activity.


If I become a teacher, I would teach history at the high school level. Tests, focus groups, and observation will most likely be my only data collection tools. My test will be achievement test that measure how well a student knows the material being presented. Focus groups are great because it gives the teacher and student a chance to better understand where they stand. Lastly, There will of course be observation. A teacher can better understand whether a student is feeling confident in a certain subject simply by observing.
I found my classmates blogs to be quite interesting and varying in many different ways. I especially found the topics talked about in the book intriguing, since I was winging it. Cloud Computing is pretty cool, something I've never really heard of, so the fact one of my classmates mentioning that, pretty outstanding. Also I really enjoyed reading people's opinion on the digital divide. I honestly think I might be on the divide side, not because of limited access but because I'm a little older.
This may not be a new technology skill, but it is a great tool to have for probably any job as well as in school. I would love to learn how to correctly type. I never learned how to place my fingers, or type without looking at the keyboard. I feel that it would be exceptionally beneficial when working on assignments. It would also save a lot of time.
There are many ways that can help me become better at typing. I can practice with taking notes in class. I can also do online tutorials. I can also write all of my papers then read as I type. Other goals related with teaching include becoming more handy than my students when it comes to handling technology. I always want to have the upper hand on new innovative technologies, so there are no surprises.

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Stephanie! I'm glad that you enjoyed this assignment and will use PowerPoint games in your future classroom!

    ReplyDelete