Monday, November 9, 2015


The flipped classroom is an idea that first came about four years ago.The core is to flip the common instructional approach: With teacher-created videos and interactive lessons, instruction that used to occur in class is now accessed at home, in advance of class. Class becomes the place to work through problems, advance concepts, and engage in collaborative learning. Most importantly, all aspects of instruction can be rethought to best maximize the scarcest learning resource, time.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_BqyVD2HFg

I chose SchoolRack for my interesting web resource.  SchoolRack is a free application for teachers to create classroom web sites. Using these class portals, teachers can interact with students and parents, post, collect, and grade assignments, communicate via mailing lists and private discussion boards, and send private messages to students. It is a free site that can be used by all.

I think it can be a great source that is used for professional development. It is an internet source, so it would be quite inexpensive for all teachers to actively use the site. I think it would especially benefit students because it can be used to give technological and educational skills. Teachers can use it to communicate with parents, students, and other teachers. Students can use it to interact with other students and teachers.
http://hotpot.uvic.ca/

This week’s assignment was rather simple. I honestly knew how to do everything that was required except for the Jing thing. I knew nothing about Jing until I went to the website. You can use Jing for many things, including recording, to simply taking a screenshot. It’s a pretty coo tool that I can see using in a high school setting. Although I could not figure out how to record myself, all in all, I liked this assignment because it was simple.



1 comment:

  1. Nice job, Stephanie. SchoolRack sounds like a very interesting resource. Hopefully, you will use it in the future!

    ReplyDelete