Monday, November 2, 2015

I think virtual classrooms are a great technological advancement. I believe giving the student a day in a virtual classroom would relieve some stress, and give the student time to catch up on homework after they have viewed the online lecture and/or assignment. This is the most beneficial to me because the student is still actively engaged, yet the learning is independent.
"Biometrics is the technology used to recognize humans based on specific physical or behavioral traits. In the future, this technology will help intelligent software completely understand the physical and emotional state of children learning in the classroom."(Grantham) I think this is a really cool idea. I also think the students would have better control over their emotions in order to have pleasant results. I also think this would greatly help the teacher in understanding her students emotions. http://www.edutopia.org/blog/five-future-education-technologies-nick-grantham
I believe I am on the "digital" side of the divide. I have had access to just about every type of technology that has been released since almost birth. In my future classroom I honestly don't think too many students will be technologically illiterate. Technology is such a big part of life today in America (and in other parts of the world), it is almost impossible not to be exposed. If I did experience any problems I would simply give a class lesson on how to use whatever technology being used in the current lesson.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Stephanie! I think it's definitely a good idea to have technology lessons readily available for your future students, just in case they haven't been exposed to it before entering your class. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete